Reopening Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if my student is not feeing well? Keep your child home if they do not feel well. (Temperature of 99.5 or above please stay home) Speak to your student about the importance of following the school's safety protocols including: Wearing a mask-to cover both nose and mouth while at school. Keeping distance from peers. Washing hands well often or using hand sanitizer
2. What group is my child in? What days will they be attending school? If your child is in Cohort A: they attend school on campus Monday and Wednesday and Remote days are: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. If you child is in Cohort B: they attend school on campus Tuesday and Thursday and Remote days are: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. *Please note* If you have specific questions about the cohort your child is in, please call the office.
3. Should I wait until my child goes through the gates before I leave? Yes, please do a passive screening before bringing your child to school to check for fever. Once the students arrive, campus assistants will also do an active screening to check for fever. If their temperature is above 99.5, then they will not be able to stay at school.
4. Should my child bring a snack to school? Yes, you are welcome to send a snack with your child. There will also be a snack provided from our cafeteria during a 20 minute nutrition/recess break. This snack will be at no additional cost to our families.
5. What if I forgot my mask or lost it? We will have disposable masks on our campus and in our classrooms.
6. Can my child wear a face shield with a mask? Yes. As long as the face shield is not a distraction we welcome both face coverings.
7. Can I come on campus and walk my child to their classroom? No, at this time, we are not having any family members on campus. We understand that this could be a challenging time for some of our students, however for contact tracing purposes we cannot welcome families at this time.
8. Does my child have to wear a school uniform? No, students will not have to wear a school uniform for the remainder of this school year, but if you have one it is encouraged.
9. What does my child need to bring with them to school? Your student's teacher will inform you what they will need to bring with them.
10. What are the new school office hours? Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00 PM, outside of these hours, by appointment only.